Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Update time!

Hello blog-readers! I hope all of you are doing well and enjoying the eh...not-so-wonderful introduction to spring (Really, snow tonight?!) Here is a short update on my life: I'm taking over the head writing consulting position next year. The girl running it is graduating, and I am so excited to follow in her footsteps. I truly love my job. Maybe the college will hire me after I graduate to run the Rhetoric Center :) Last week was the first time I have ever had anything published in a newspaper! I wrote a news article concerning the recent Liquor Control Board busts at our college. No criticism so far, so that is wonderful. If you would like to read it, you can visit the Etownian (the Elizabethtown College newspaper) online at http://www.etownian.com/ . There are a plethora of good articles to read, so enjoy! I have not really been writing creatively though, which is really dampening my spirits along with this weather. With all of my class work, it's been hard to blog and find time to design short stories, but I'm hoping this weekend I'll be able to do so. I do have a longer short story due in the next month, so hopefully some ideas will stem from there. If anyone is looking for some good reads, check out the book "Freedom" by Jonathan Franzen. It is a beautiful characterization with some of the best metaphors and intense understanding of human interactions and workings I have ever read. Truly a masterpiece. Also, "The Swan Theives" by Elizabeth Kostova is an amazing read of slight historical background encased in a love story of artistic tragedy. If you enjoy art at all, read away. This novel is definitely on the top of my "Best Reads Ever" list. (I'm planning to write Kostova a letter of appreciation for her work; maybe I'll meet her some day...sigh). I'll be posting this weekend. Hope you all have a wonderful Friday :)

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete