Total Pageviews

Monday, December 19, 2011

Home for the Holidays.

I think my friend is right. I can never be happy! Toward the end of the semester, I was so eager for a break just to be able to sleep for a few more hours and to relax, and now that I'm home, I'm slightly bored. Being home alone with two dogs is relaxing, but I need something to do. I won't be bored for long, though; I'm starting to plot out a new idea for a creative writing project. Unfortunately, I became a bit bored (shocker) with the last one, so I've set it aside. Who knows, I may come back to it. I have what I consider a grand idea, but I want to make sure it is properly in order before I start writing...otherwise, I'll just become frustrated...and bored. HA.

One of my professors is willing to help me revamp a research paper for presentation at the Elizabethtown Scholarship and Creative Arts Day this year, so I've decided I'm going to take advantage of the opportunity. Rebecca Skloot will be there this year (author of The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks - such a good read), so presenting is on the top of my list. My project concerns developmental psychology through the life cycle pertaining to literary characters. I should have taken a developmental psychology course before writing it; it would have cut down on a lot of research, but it was such an interesting topic, I couldn't give it up.

I wouldn't mind traveling a bit this break either...we'll see what happens :)

No comments:

Post a Comment