Total Pageviews

Monday, May 30, 2011

Busy Bee!

Hey everyone!

So it's been awhile since I've been on here... between school ending for the year and transitioning into my summer job, it's been crazy. Right now I'm battling with the allergy gods, which has not been a winning battle on my part. Today is the first day I've felt pretty good, besides waking up with allergic conjunctivitis, but I'm completely better now that I have drops for my eyes! So cross your fingers it stays that way!

I'm working at Elizabethtown this summer and am having a blast so far. Shh, don't tell, but I feel like I'm getting paid to have fun. It's not a stressful job, at least not for me. I know it will get busier, but that means more hours! And on top of that, I'll be walking a Boston Terrier this summer. She's such a sweetie, and that pays pretty well. I'm pretty happy about how the money situation looks this summer.

For next school year, I'm going to have a lot to do, but I know it will be worth it. I'll be a full time student, working on finishing up my business minor and putting in some creds for my English degree. God, I can't say it enough: I LOVE the English Department. I feel like I've really found what I'm meant to do and I LOVE it. I feel like I'm gushing about a lover! But really, it's been great so far. I'll be writing consulting still, but I'll also be interning with the Learning Services Department to actually implement and design a Writing Center, and I am SO excited! On top of that, I'll be a Peer Mentor again, and this year, I'll be officially the Lead Reporter for our school newspaper, which I'm pretty stoked about. In my spare time (ha), I'll be a Resident Assistant for our Growing to Empower a Multicultural Society floor, which I'm really excited about. I get a single room, so you know what that means (no, not sex, drugs, or alchy): writing <3.

Sh, don't tell (I'm trying not to tell a lot of people, so I figured my blog would be a good place to just say this) but I'm working on my book...I won't tell you how many words I have done, but let's just say so far it's going well :). And with my job this summer, I'll have plenty of time to write. I even got to crack out my paints and easel the other day. Set it up, drank some coffee, and started a work. We'll see how it turns out.

Ahh, summertime... I love it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment